The NHS of Baltimore is proud to be part of the CityLIFT program in partnership with Wells Fargo Bank and NeighborWorks® America. Discover the possibilities of homeownership and find out if it’s right for you!
The program launched in Baltimore, MD, January 1, 2013 and the Launch Event was held on April 5 and 6. Money is NOT available at this time. Please check back on June 7, 2013 to see if money has become available for CityLIFT in Baltimore.
CityLIFT Program Information:
- Provides eligible homebuyers with up to $15,000 of down payment assistance on qualified properties
- Provides homebuyer education that can prepare you for finding and financing a home and for managing the financial responsibilities of homeownership
- Assistance is not limited to first-time buyers
- Household income must meet guidelines for ALL persons 18 and older living in the home
- Properties qualified for the Program must be:
- Located within the City of Baltimore
- The primary, owner-occupied home of the buyer(s)
- A detached home, townhouse, condominium, 1-4 unit property, or Planned Unit Development
Interested although money is not currently available? What you should do now:
What you should do next if you received a CityLIFT reservation letter at the April 5 and 6 event:
- Complete homebuyer education as soon as possible; you must have your certificate in hand BEFORE your closing
- Present a signed contract to your lender with the closing scheduled by the date in the last paragraph of your reservation letter
- If the closing date is AFTER the date in the last paragraph of your reservation letter, call Neighborhood Housing Services of Baltimore ASAP!
- Actively work with Neighborhood Housing Services of Baltimore and your lender to ensure the required documents are submitted
- Determine if other fees are applicable
If you have additional questions, visit our FAQ page.