Services >> Rehab Lending
Home Improvement Loan Overview
NHS of Baltimore offers a home improvement loan for low income Baltimore area residents, to assist with structural or appliance repair- such as roofing, plumbing, heating/air conditioning, window replacement, and energy efficiency, as well as other refurbishments. We want to make your home a safe and comfortable place to be.
Participants can receive a loan of up to $80,000, depending on the level of work needed for the home, with as little as 3 % interest. Qualified applicants will have the option of full payment deferment while they continue to live in the home.
- Technical advice on how to approach home improvement
- Written specifications for both small and large scale renovations
- Assistance with the contractor bid process
- Assurance the work is performed according to professional standards
- Special financing available to low income homeowners in Baltimore city and county
- Caring, personal counseling that walks you through the home improvement and loan process
- Energy efficient windows
- Rubberized roofing
- Low Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) paints
- Tankless water heaters
- Green heating system options
- Energy star appliances
- Compact fluorescent lighting
- Low flush toilets
Eligibility: To qualify, you must reside at or below 80% of the Area Median Income and live in Baltimore city (AMI) and submit to a credit check. APPLY HERE.
CLICK HERE TO PAY FOR YOUR CREDIT REPORT ONLINE
For more information, call Robert Horton at 410-327-1200 Ext. 108