COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
You have goals and dreams that matter to you. Let’s see if we align!
We are looking for the right person to help us make the homeownership dreams of the 800+ customers who come through our Homebuying Center come true! If you have a passion for Baltimore City and a desire to help people buy homes, we would love to talk to you.
Neighborhood Housing Services of Baltimore (NHS) is a well-established non-profit organization with a team-oriented work environment. NHS of Baltimore’s mission is to spark renewed vitality in neighborhoods by engaging our community partners, increasing sustainable homeownership, and advancing capital solutions. We are looking for an experienced an Intake Specialist to join our growing team in Baltimore, Maryland.
The Intake Specialist is part of the Customer Experience Team and serves as the first line of contact between NHS and its customers and partners. The Intake Specialist is responsible for engaging with customers as they navigate the homebuying process. As the first point of contact, this position requires a person with a positive, upbeat personality who can communicate well and demonstrate knowledge of the homebuying process. This position will also handle multiple projects, requiring a high level of organization and attention to detail, including collecting sensitive documents and reviewing information provided by customers.
The Intake Specialist is responsible for tracking our customers, with a particular focus on building and strengthening relationships. This individual will regularly engage with internal and external stakeholders such as homeowners, community leaders and Board members.
- Provide support for monthly Homebuyer Education Workshops, including registration, confirmation and information gathering of required Workshop materials
- Engage with customers using telephone, email, and text-messaging tools
- Assist customers with technical and homebuying support
- Review customer information and verify documents collected
- Create and manage reports for staff and partners
- Schedule meetings for counselors
- Maintain database of homebuying activities
- Provide referral and organization information to customers
- Open and distribute incoming mail
- Attend and assist with outreach events
- Assist with mass and bulk mailings
- Perform additional tasks and duties as needed
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Minimum of one year of customer service experience
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills. Ability to connect quickly and build rapport with community members, potential homebuyers, and other target audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and tasks with competing deadlines
- Exceptional analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills. Ability to work effectively in a diverse and team-oriented environment
- Ability to work outdoors and travel within the area to attend community engagement events.
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Professional presentation and demeanor
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Basic knowledge of database management systems. CRM Salesforce knowledge is a plus
- Experience using counseling tracking software, Home Counselor Online (HCO), is a plus
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent education is required
- College degree or additional education is a plus
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
This job operates in a professional office environment and requires the individual to operate a vehicle in order to travel to various locations. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, smart phones, office phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit for long periods of time, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms and requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 25 pounds. Specific vision characteristics required by this position include close vision, adjust focus, and view of a computer screen for extended periods of time.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position offers a competitive base salary, excellent benefits, and a great working environment. Candidates interested in applying for this position should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Neighborhood Housing Services of Baltimore is an Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Disability/Vet.