To start the application process for Project Reinvest down payment assistance, you will need to make an appointment with NHS of Baltimore.
Please read and follow the instructions below.
Failure to follow all instructions may prevent you from being able to participate in the Project Reinvest program!
- Submit the three required documents before making your appointment. Documents should be submitted or faxed to 410-505-1494. Failure to submit these documents or incomplete documents will result in you not receiving the code to book. If you are given the code without first submitting documents, your appointment will be cancelled. You will need to be able to submit electronic copies of the following:
– Mortgage Preapproval from a Project Reinvest Approved Lender
– Signed sales contract—1st, 2nd, and signature page of executed document. If you need assistance providing electronic copies, please contact your loan officer or real estate agent.
- NHS of Baltimore will confirm scheduled appointment requests within 48 business hours from receipt of all documents. You will receive an email accepting the scheduled date and time – the email will state that your “appointment was accepted”. This is NOT a confirmation of your eligibility for the program.
- Failure to submit required documents prior to booking an EDS appointment will result in your appointment being cancelled. Please provide your ratified contract of sale, lender pre-approval and homebuyers certificate. Once NHS has received these documents, our loan processor will send the code to book your appointment. If we do not have all required documents, you will not be able to book an appointment.
- Attend your appointment to confirm eligibility with the necessary documents in hand. If you do not bring the required documents to your appointment or you fail to show up for your appointment, your appointment will be cancelled and you will be required to schedule a new appointment if/when appointments become available.
- You will receive a Project Reinvest Eligibility Letter if you meet the eligibility requirements and your required documentation is confirmed.
- Your lender must submit all required documents to NHS of Baltimore no less than seven (7) business days prior to your closing date.
- Appointments are only available online and on a first-come, first-served basis. Appointment slots are limited to funds available. NOTE: Appointments CANNOT be made by phone.
For more information, please see our FAQ page.
Email or fax your Contract and Pre-approval to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 410-505-1165.